This is the time of year for resolutions, and odds are, yours has something to do with your health and wellness. But how long will your will power last? It is a fact, if your resolution is a difficult one, and if your goals are unrealistic, the outcome will not be successful. So let’s simplify things….
Here are a few easy swaps you can implement daily to ensure you are cutting down on calories while at the same time getting the nutrients your body needs.
In most cases, the nutritional value offered by theses food swaps exceeds your original choice!
Here is how...
- Avocado will add healthy fats to your diet for a quarter of the calories.
- Greek yogurt is lower in fat and higher in protein.
- Pomegranate seeds will add antioxidants and reduce sugar intake.
- Cauliflower rice will cut down on carbs and add vitamin C.
- Nutritional yeast will add B vitamins and reduce fat intake.
- Why cut orange juice? Because a single glass of OJ contains 5 tsp of sugar!
- Chia seeds will provide nutritional calories, and a boost of omega 3s.
Source: Prevention magazine
Start implementing some of these swaps today! As I always say….it doesn’t have to be all or nothing….start with numbers 1 and 2 this week, and then take it from there. You’ll be looking and feeling better in no time!
Live well! Live Healthy! Enjoy the journey!
Leave your email to keep in touch and be notified of the latest posts from the Wonders in Wellness blog!