Spring is in the air…summer is fast approaching and we have to make better choices quickly in order to look and feel our best.
Here are a few easy swaps you can implement daily to ensure you are cutting down on calories while at the same time getting the nutrients your body needs.
Actually, in most cases, the nutritional value offered by theses food swaps exceeds your original choice!
Here is how...
- Avocado will add healthy fats to your diet for a quarter of the calories.
- Greek yogurt is lower in fat and higher in protein.
- Pomegranate seeds will add antioxidants and reduce sugar intake.
- Cauliflower rice will cut down on carbs and add vitamin C.
- Nutritional yeast will add B vitamins and reduce fat intake.
- Why cut orange juice? Because a single glass of OJ contains 5 tsp of sugar!
- Chia seeds will provide nutritional calories, and a boost of omega 3s.
Source: Prevention magazine
Why don’t you try implementing some of these swaps today? As I always say….it doesn’t have to be all or nothing….start with numbers 1 and 2 this week, and then take it from there. You’ll be looking and feeling better in no time!
2 Comments Add yours